To become a Newpoint Christian Brother…
The purpose of Newpoint Partnership is to help Christian Brothers become not only upstanding citizens, but fruitful kingdom builders in their own right. We are seeking Christian Brothers who have a heart for God, a firm and growing relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, and a willingness to spend 8 – 18 months in a program that will help and support him as he reenters society and develops his ministerial gifts.
Before an individual is accepted into partnership with Newpoint, he must agree to the following:
- The applicant must be a Christian, committed to building the kingdom of God through the use of his time, talent and treasure.
- The applicant must be open to the biblical perspective for help, hope, and healing.
- The applicant must be personally and sincerely seeking help and willing to submit himself to the program rules and authorities.
- The applicant must commit to abstinence from all tobacco products, drugs and alcohol. Only life-sustaining medications prescribed by a physician are permitted.
- The applicant must commit to remain in partnership with Newpoint until his graduation. Graduation is determined solely by the Executive Director aided by the staff of Newpoint, but will not be less than 8 months or more than 18 months.
- All outstanding legal matters must be resolved before a man can apply so that he may come of his own free will.
Newpoint Partnership cannot partner with registered sex offenders or convicted arsonists. If either of these apply to you, please do not apply. We will confirm your status.
An application to Newpoint Partnership may only be obtained by the applicant himself by:
- calling our office, or
- written request through the U.S. mail, or
- submitting an online Application Request.
Calling our office: Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. When you call, a phone screening will be conducted to determine eligibility for the program. If the applicant qualifies, the application will be sent and further instructions will be given.
Written request through the U.S. mail: Please include a letter containing the following:
- Your full name*
- Your Georgia Department of Corrections ID*
- Your birth date*
- Your release date (if established)
- Your email address
- Your current mailing address (U.S. mail)*
- Your current prison and cell number*
- A statement that you concur with Newpoint’s Doctrinal Beliefs*
- A statement that you do not need to register as a sex offender.
- A statement that you have never been convicted of arson.
- Your Christian testimony (why are you Christian, what has God been done in your life, what is he currently doing, and what you believe God would have you do in the future)? Please be specific and personal, not general or theological.
- The reason(s) why you want to partner with Newpoint.
Online Application Request: Complete the Christian Brother Application Request here.
We look forward to working in partnership with you as you reenter society and grow in serving Christ.
*Doctrinal Beliefs are available here.